2022 Feature Twirler Auditions
The deadline to submit audition videos to be considered for the Feature Twirler position for the 2022 season has passed.
All of the information about the audition requirements and submission process for this season can be found below.
If you have any questions concerning auditions for the Feature Twirler Position, you can always reach out via email to: ClemsonTwirlers@gmail.com
Your audition videos - explained in the next section - will all need to follow these requirements:
- Each indvidual video must be one continuous shot. No editing or splicing of different takes together.
- All videos must be filmed outside.
- All videos must be new footage - videos of past competitions or field performances will not be accepted.
All submissions will be evaluated by a panel of:
- 4 independent judges - all certified nationally
- Tiger Band Twirler Instructor
All scores from the panel will be added together to create a composite score for the audition and the process will be overseen by the Tiger Band directors. Returning members will earn 1 bonus point on their audition for every year of participation in Tiger Band.
The first video will be a 2:30-3:00 individually choreographed routine to any music of your choice.
Suggested tricks list (not required):
- 1, 2, 3, & 4 Baton Work
- Double Illusion
- Double Front Walkover
- 5 Turn
- Variety of Leaps & Body Work
The second video will be a 1 minute individually choreographed routine with a fire baton to any music of your choice.
Single fire baton work is acceptable. Multiple is preferred.
PLEASE OBSERVE ALL PROPER SAFETY PRECAUTIONS! Do not attempt tricks or choreography beyond your ability that may become dangerous.
Down the Field Routine
The third video will be a "Down the Field Routine" choreographed to "Tiger Rah" posted below.
Judges will be evaluating your use of space and movement skills along with the choreography, performance projection, and accuracy.
The fourth video will be an interview video for you to introduce yourself to our staff and directors.
Please submit a video of yourself addressing the following information:
- Name, hometown, major, twirling experience, and an interesting fact about yourself
- Why did you choose Clemson University and Tiger Band?
- As a Feature Twirler at Clemson University, you will be representing Tiger Band and the University on a large stage on and off the field. Describe the importance of understanding this and how you would be successful in this role.
The Feature Twirler will receive the Carolyn Creel Scholarship if yearly academic requirements are met.
If you have any questions concerning auditions for the Feature Twirler Position, please reach out via email to: ClemsonTwirlers@gmail.com